logolong

Its a Mouthful

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #2402 by
Its a Mouthful was created by
Hi..I suffer from A.S...known as Ankylosing Spondilitus...Its the main ingrediant in a cocktail of Challenges sent for My attention.....Like everyone on here,I didnt request it..but ...hey...we have to live with stuff...
Any fellow sufferes please drop me a line xxxxxxxx:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 6 months ago #10472 by
Replied by on topic Re:Its a Mouthful
Some additional add-ons to AS....
Psoriasis
Iritus
Lung Function Restriction
Headaches

Of the associated listed above..the most potentialy damaging is Iritus...If you have early signs ( like conjunctivitus) get it treated without delay...Dont bother with GP..go straight to eye casualty..it could save your sight xxxx

More
15 years 6 months ago #10565 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:Its a Mouthful
most of us seem to be dealing with a load of things at the same time
when we say we are disabled ppl assume we only have one thing wrong...xxx

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 6 months ago #10663 by
Yes Ducky my love.....One thing at the core..resulting in lots of...whats refered to as...Complications...
Another thing that Ive developed is a Sun intolerance...Not sure whether its a result of ailments or cocktail of drugs......Bang goes my future retirement in Hot Glimates....Ill now become a new Howard Hughes xxxx;) :whistle:

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #20288 by Tannie
Replied by Tannie on topic Re:Its a Mouthful
Well i suffer from AS its a thing we all have to learn to live with, had 1 op did not work well so now they given up with me lol
I also get tired alot as well even little things like dressing can take it out of you or just going for a news paper I do use wheelchair p/t & also cruches to get around some days i am ok can go to shop other days i can move very well I find warmer weather its good for me as for the cold grrrrr
I do get alot of headaches & for a the last 2 months seem to be getting just a little breathless but 1 thing for sure I try my best to make the most of my life the answer is to hear what your body is telling you dont push it when pain kicks in stop there is always another way round things so dont feel bad to ask for help cos there is loads out there
Blessings
Tannie

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 4 weeks ago #20326 by
Agree with every word Tannie....The body is the compass for direction...when it says slow down...do it....
Like you Im going through breathless phases.At first I cut out wheat products and it had limited success.I just try to keep to a varied nourishing diet and avoid intaking too much alcohol.....Do you find tomatoes trigger painful bout...oh yes and MS ( monosodium glutomate) I avoid at all costs...
Surgery has removed the hip pain..with replacements....and cycling helps build muscle around joints....Had both done over 20 years ago...
The other pain duller was getting on Enbril injections...they allow me to flourish in the gym...
Agree about the warmer climate..it def. reduces the inflamation for me....it also reduces the psoriasis...and generaly gives a feel-good factor..
Do you find the early morning stiffness a problem???<br><br>Post edited by: tonypark, at: 2009/03/25 18:36

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds