logolong

Help?

More
15 years 7 months ago #6494 by TheLadyMagenta
Help? was created by TheLadyMagenta
My mate stewert lives over the road and is permanently bed bound due to MS. He has a custom made wheelchair that lays down goes up etc and is bigger as he is so tall. 30in by 65in. Problem is his 70 year old mum is cramped into a tiny room with it in there looking after him. I am desparately trying to find out if there are any cheap outside storage type containers available to store it in the garden safely and waterproof more importantly. Martin can help make it secure but we cant find anything under 100 quid plus and as many of you know round the clock carers and nurses leaves no money left for this sort of thing. Does ANYONE have a link or any idea at all of a charity or organization that might help. Many Thanks for listening. Lady m. (Cat.) Please pm or post if anything comes to mind.:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 7 months ago #6680 by
Replied by on topic Re:Help?
Lady M...Argos used to sell a plastic framed short shed with double doors for about £50 ( might be worth looking up e-bay )....Its very substantial and designed to withstand bad weather conditions xxxx ;)

More
15 years 7 months ago #6683 by Posh
Replied by Posh on topic Re:Help?
Yeah, s'right, I've got four of em, and they was 49.95 each. Homebase's got em too.

For a purpose built Scooter store, you could try askinf the loadcal branch of your MS SOciety for a grant or they may even get ya one.

www.mssociety.org.uk/branches/index.html

More
15 years 7 months ago #6700 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Help?
You could try the council. Housing department.

They could qualify for a grant .

Karl

More
15 years 7 months ago #6736 by TheLadyMagenta
Replied by TheLadyMagenta on topic Re:Help?
Many thanks EVERYONE who came up with ides. I am looking into all of them in turn. Lady M XXXXXXXXXX;)

More
15 years 5 months ago #10975 by TheLadyMagenta
Replied by TheLadyMagenta on topic Re:Help?
May soon be stewart wont need his chair anymore we all are terrified. He is in a quarantine ward in conquest with septicemia from his kidney stone which in turn infected his catheter. Then he caught MRSA and now CDIFF. Yet they say they dont have THAT in the conquest. Tell that to poor stewart. He,s been in over a month and went straight into resus went he got there his temp spiked so high. How can they let a man so ill already get this bad. They told his mum his MS is just getting worse and he will have a heart attack in due time. Everyone love this chap to bits so the whole of the close i live in is a bit crushed by all his bad news. All i can do is wait for pat to phone me with updates and let people know. How crap is life sometimes!!!:( :( :( :(

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds