logolong

employment guidance in gp clinics

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #31928 by
I seem to remember Labour doing a welfare to work programme back in 2000 I went back to work after 11 years of being on the sick recieved £30 a week and kept my benefits, after six weeks I was hospitalised again for ten weeks my circulatory condition worsened whilst on the scheme, if I had continued for one more week I would not have been able to go back on the sick full time as I am now, my GP signed a med 4 indefinately off sick, I am wondering if I will be forced out to work now with all these new rules comming in.

I can give something back to the community and have good computer knowledge and I would like to work for myself at home maybe only working between 10am and 4pm each day, I have already spoken to the bank about this idea and they will support me as the outlay is small in comparison to setting up a shop. computers are just brain taxing not tiring in the least, you dont need any physical attributes to maintain computers. I would like to find some help to train properly in my I.T skills and get some qualifications in the subject but I am afraid that I shall loose everything I currently recieve in help from the state.
I don't trust this coalition goverment.

regards Nigel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #31938 by Pinky2
Hi all! here is some info for you guys. Here in upstate NY. Thats in the USA. We have a program called \"VESID\". Thats means Vocational Educational Services for Individuals with Disablities. They will give you vocational conseling & rehabilition services that result in successful employment outcomes for individuals with disabilities & their employers.
I also have a \"Job coach\" to help you out at the job or if you are looking for work.

Pinky :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: NaomiB
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds