logolong

N. Ireland based DLA Confusion!

More
7 years 6 months ago #63295 by Blobbyknobby
Hi new here, needing some advice if anyone can help!!

Due to my multiple disabilities, and they're progressive nature. Ive found myself looking to get my DLA reassessed.

Ive a permanent DLA Award, High care and Low mobility. Here in N.I the P.I.P fiasco hasn't been introduced yet. As I can work out, If I ask for a reassessment then Itll automatically be transferred to P.I.P

My mobility and health generally has taken a huge dive from initial application and interviews for the DLA award ive got. Ive been in hospital 18 months of the past 24, finally got further diseases diagnosed.
Im scared to reapply, heard so many horror stories of people being totally wiped of DLA/P.I.P

Also my Blue Badge expired, would it help to reapply for that before the DLA/P.I.P application?

Whats the process, how hard is it, any places or people who can help with the wording of application?

Thanks guys.

Blobbyknobby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #63300 by BUBBADOG14
Firstly you do have to reapply for P.I.P even if you are already having D.L.A I'm in the same situation as you at the moment. I got a letter explaining D.L.A was expiring due to the change over to P.I.P at the end of the month. You should have had a letter or maybe it's a different date being Ireland?

As for Blue Badge that will not help you with your P.I.P. The letter has a number you need to ring to apply for P.I.P and you do a large chunk of it over the phone. I've had the booklet and it's a lot less than the old ones!! My advice is fill out the form as it's how you feel on your worst day,hope this helps. Still it's going to be a stressful time waiting for the reply. Good luck with it and keep us informed about how you get on.

More
7 years 6 months ago #63304 by Blobbyknobby
I only ever get the yearly letter telling me to inform then if anything changes. I just dont want to rock the boat as such. Scared shitless tbh!!

The changeover to PIP Feels like another attempt to screw anyone who isnt profoundly disabled.

This end of the UK system is the last to consider PIP, still in process of conversion. The company who did the interviews here was shutdown recently, giving us a bit of ease.

When you say the call takes car of most of the application can you explain that>

I remember the DLA application was soul destroying and took ages. Anything that improves that would be good!

Is the a website for help in regards the paper portion. I remeber someone telling me years back that the wording was key to success in application, not the conditions or explanations.

Could be wrong. Stressed out even talking about this!!

Cheers

Blobby

More
7 years 6 months ago #63314 by BUBBADOG14
Hey blobby, the last thing you want to is be stressed (even though I'm stressed about!) What I mean by saying 'the call takes care of most of the application' you have to phone this number to apply for P.I.P (think it's a free phone call) And they ask you a lot of questions your G.P's name, address & Phone number. The Consultant your under at your hospital, name address ect. All your personal stuff that you usually have to write out on the forms. So the forms you get are a lot thinner than before. The phone call last's a good 30-40 mins. Make sure you have all your personal details and if your money is paid to you via Direct Debit all your bank details. When you call make sure you have a drink with you!

I know what you mean about filling the application forms makes you feel soul destroyed!!

There is a P.I.P assistance website if you want to take a look:-
www.gov.uk/pip/overview

Blobbyknobby wrote: I only ever get the yearly letter telling me to inform then if anything changes. I just dont want to rock the boat as such. Scared shitless tbh!!

The changeover to PIP Feels like another attempt to screw anyone who isnt profoundly disabled.

This end of the UK system is the last to consider PIP, still in process of conversion. The company who did the interviews here was shutdown recently, giving us a bit of ease.

When you say the call takes car of most of the application can you explain that>

I remember the DLA application was soul destroying and took ages. Anything that improves that would be good!

Is the a website for help in regards the paper portion. I remeber someone telling me years back that the wording was key to success in application, not the conditions or explanations.

Could be wrong. Stressed out even talking about this!!

Cheers

Blobby

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds