logolong

Favourite song of years gone by

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58674 by Will
A bit of EuroPop from someone who is sadly no longer with us... Don't know who "lusty darious" is, who pops up at the end of this vid, probably the poster.

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Will.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58677 by BUBBADOG14
Thank you Will for doing this post, I look forward of a morning to see what you have added because it's such a mix of everything! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58690 by Will
Thanks "Mod"! Once I was old enough to know that it was not at all 'cool' to strike a pose and try to 'look' cool, I became free to appreciate any darn music I wanted to! Very liberating (even if some of my 'choices' grate on other people's nerves!).

I'm not a huge fan of "Country" music - but as with all things, you pick your way through it to find what suits you. After a recent report of bullying on Able Here, I thought of this song from Kenny Rogers. Comforting to dwell on the notion that those who think they can do whatever they want, may meet some unexpected 'opposition'...

More
8 years 8 months ago #58694 by Will
Big Bowie fan in my youth - saw him twice in concert. (By the way, 'his' name is pronounced "Boe - ee", he said so himself!).
Here's "Heros".

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58695 by Will
Anyone old enough, may remember a modest 'novelty' hit from 1978 called "Jilted John" by a supposedly 'wimpy' pseudo-punk also called, "Jilted John".
More about the real 'artiste' after this...

More
8 years 8 months ago #58696 by Will
'Jilted John' was in fact Graham Fellows, a drama student (I think) at the time that the record was made. In later life, Graham created the character "John Shuttleworth", an aspiring, middle-aged singer/sondwriter, with a long suffering wife and daughter and a dodgy neighbour who wanted to be his 'manager'. "The Shuttleworths" origionally appeared as short comedy episodes on BBC Radio 4 but I only 'caught up' with them as repeats on digital Radio4 Extra. Don't know if new episodes are being made. To sum up, I think GF is a master of the mundane. Put different lyrics to this song and you have a potential 'power-pop' anthem...

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds