logolong

Favourite song of years gone by

More
8 years 8 months ago #58661 by Will
Something not that old, but maybe diverting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58662 by Will
A beautiful old song given a different 'twist' by BF here. I like the subtle reggae 'vibe' going on underneath...

More
8 years 8 months ago #58663 by Will
And here's Pink, doing her bit for feminism - and humanity. Go girl! (Unless you've screwed up recently in some way that I am not aware of because I am not a media junky and have no idea of what is really going on 'out there'). As a friend's niece used to say, "Whatever".

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58671 by Will
Here I am again, 'crowbarring' myself into this thread. I heard this song (The Eve of Destruction - by Barry McGuire) as a child - one of eldest brother's records. The original referenced issues of that time, 1965 (The Vietnam war, racial intolerance, the threat of nuclear oblivion...). Glad to see that Barry could update the song to the 'present' tense.

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Will.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58672 by Will
John Lennon. A brilliant but flawed person.(Aren't we all (flawed) in some way?!) I wanted to post his track 'Gimme some truth' but found it made reference to mental illness that some might find negative or offensive (listen on Youtube if you want). So here is "Crippled Inside". Yey! Far more 'tasteful'... Good song though (imho).

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Will.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58673 by Will
I'm sorry. Something from my past. Makes me smile (rare!). Silly, totally without merit. But come on...

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds