logolong

Favourite song of years gone by

More
8 years 8 months ago #58519 by Will
...Or this piece of lunarcy...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58520 by Will
And one just for me, coz I'm a soppy old ex-hippy...

More
8 years 8 months ago #58529 by BUBBADOG14
This will make you laugh, when I was a baby/toddler I was crazy on Bay city rollers if I was crying and they came on I would stop crying and to scar me for life I had my own tartan outfit!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Will

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58542 by Will
As a 'teen' the 'Rollers' were not "cool" - you had to be 'into' Prog rock (stuff the Punks later hated!) to have 'street cred'. 1983 - I'm invited to a 'Garden Party' by a friend of a friend (some 'do' to welcome a woman from Scotland coming down South to work. ??!) Didn't know many there, conversations a bit stilted. Two big blokes turned up. One had a shaved head and muscles on his muscles. The other looked like a slightly toned-down Hell's Angels biker. From my chair on the lawn, I watched them. They were not really interacting with anyone else, they entered the house via the conservatory. Interesting... After a few minutes "Shang-a-lang" started belting out into the garden! They had found the 'stereo' and a BCR greatest hits album! They knew all the words and were singing along (in tune too!). They were really funny guys and entertained us all afternoon. Made the afternoon in fact. Were they a 'Gay' couple? Don't know, don't care! Made me re-think what "cool" really is though!
Here's another song from around the same era...
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Will.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58563 by Will
A 'classic' imo.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58564 by Will
...and here's something I found on one of my Dad's (commercial) CDs. Just listen to the words...what do you think?

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds