logolong

Favourite song of years gone by

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58637 by Will
Great video. Almost a mini-movie! My favourite Coldplay track is below. I love the chorus - think they could have made more of it in this video...but not sure 'how'...

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Will.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58638 by Will
We touched on Joy Division earlier here, with "Love will tear us apart". Of course, after the sad death of Ian Curtis, the remaining members of JD went on to form 'New Order' churning out some 'classics' like this...

More
8 years 8 months ago #58639 by Will
...but there is more than ONE song called Blue Monday... here's another...

More
8 years 8 months ago #58640 by Will
To end this particular 'posting' session (sorry, loads more to come), here's the delghtfully silly Captain Sensible. 'South Pacific' was never like this. (Poor sound, as video came from an old VHS tape, the poster tells us).

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #58648 by Will
I quite like the Star Wars films, although I'm not fanatical. There was much criticism of the second 'trilogy' that I couldn't quite understand. Something else I appreciate is the work of parody-master Weird Al Yankovic. Here, he sums up nearly all the major plot lines of 'Phantom Menace' etc, in a 5 minute song. Don McClean devotees may feel 'Al' has taken a bit of a liberty with 'American Pie' though...

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Will.

More
8 years 8 months ago #58649 by Will
Going WAY back now, an example of white-boys-ripping-off-Doo-Wop. First heard when I was 9. My uncle brought round boxes of 78rpm disks from his youth, for our 'new' record player. Very brittle things 78 records - I sat on this one and broke it.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds