logolong

Hi all

More
16 years 3 months ago #2057 by jimi
Hi all was created by jimi
I came across this forum while doing a little research after some recent problems.
I am coming up to my half a century, 34 years of it spent in the electronics industry, I am into progressive / rock music, guitars, amplifiers and anything electronic clever and usually non functional, i like repairing stuff, I am afflicted with epilepsy as a result of a road accident 40 years ago probably compounded by ignorance in those days I have Petit Mal with Grand Mal tendencies, the Petit Mal has never been controlled properly but over the years I have tolerated it 29 years on the same inaffective medication is probably not a good advertisement for the nhs but thats another story, The day I was going back to work after the xmas break I woke to multiple Petit Mal siezures of coarse I insisted on going to work (wrong) a few hours later, at home I might add, I had a Grand Mal siezure, big time, which hospitalized me and when I woke, I realised how frightened I was of this happening again at a less convenient point in time or less convenient time. I decided to find out as much as I can and do what Ive never done before and actually talk to fellow sufferers,It strikes me that i don't know anyone with simlar problems, possibly swap notes ect ect perhaps my experiences might help others i have no idea, so lets see where we go from here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2061 by Scott_1984
Replied by Scott_1984 on topic Re:Hi all
Hiya Jimi :)

Welcome to Ablehere.Com :)

I am sure your find loads of friendly people & you might even come across other suffers of your conditions too.

Take Care & Take It Easy :)

Scott :)

More
16 years 3 months ago #2064 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:Hi all
:) hi jimi

..:) ..welcome to ablehere..:)

nice to meet you in the chat room earlier today..:)

there is an epilepsy section in the disabilities bit...why dont you copy this intro. there..then ppl can put their stuff in response...and hopefully get some chatter going there.............i had 2grand mal fits, way back in 1988, it was the first indication of my neuro problems...trying to get info on it was really difficult outside of medical text/hospital advice......and there are other people here who are suffering with epilepsy.

welcome

xx suzan xx

More
16 years 3 months ago #2067 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Re:Hi all
Hi Jimi

Welcome to AbleHere

Have Fun

Karl

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds