logolong

Tougher Incapacity Benefit Tests/Examinations:

More
16 years 5 months ago #1703 by Scott_1984
Uk - Tougher Incapacity Benefit Tests/Examinations: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7101106.stm

Tougher work tests for disabled: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7101106.stm

Fewer sick and disabled people will qualify for disability benefits for being unable to work, after a new test is introduced from next year: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7101106.stm

I don't see Incapacity Benefit as an Benefit soley for an Disabled Person or someone with a Disabiliy/Disabilities, as anoyone can claim Incapacity Benefit, once your entitlement has run out for: Company Sick Pay & Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).

Its as easy to claim as Income-Support (IS) & Job-Seekers Allowance (JSA).

Since August 2004, I have had to attend an Physical Medical Examination each & every year, intotal I've had 4 Physical Medical Examinations/Assessments by 4 different Doctors & Accessors for my entitlement to Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.

Incapacity Benefit Assessments/Physical Examinations need to be as tough as: Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit & Disability Living Allowance Physical Medical Exminations & Assessments.

I believe Incapacity Benefit should be added to your Disability Living Allowance (DLA), if your an Disabled Person.

& if your just ill/stressed it should be added to your Income-Support (IS) or Job-Seekers Allowance (JSA).

I know these post/news will cause a debate.
Take Care & Take It Easy :)

Scott :)<br><br>Post edited by: Scott_1984, at: 2007/11/27 21:39

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
16 years 5 months ago #1707 by Scott_1984
Soure: Uk Benefits &amp; Work - News Letter: www.benefitsandwork.co.uk

Dear Reader,

The news that the DWP have decided that no-one except the terminally ill should be exempt from having their DLA checked, and quite possibly cut, is depressing enough.

The discovery that national disability and advice organisations may have known about this for six months and kept quiet is so dismal we've decide to save looking into it until next month.

On the positive side we can at least warn most people in advance about dodgy new tactics being used by the DWP to try to get incapacity benefits claimants into work.

And on the even more positive side we've got lots of accounts from members about their success with DLA and incapacity claims.

The news that tribunal chairs are being encouraged to complain about 'nonsense' incapacity medical reports is quite cheery too.

And who wouldn't be delighted at the news that we're running open training days in Bristol in the new year?

Perhaps the most joyous news of all, however, is that the BBC cut an interview with me from their News at Ten story on the involvement of American insurers UnumProvident in the UK benefits system.

You've been spared the sight of lights bouncing off my balding pate as I tremble and splutter with outrage about changes to the personal capability assessment.

With all this and more in the November newsletter, there really is lots to be positive about this month . . . isn't there?

Good luck
: www.benefitsandwork.co.uk

Steve: www.benefitsandwork.co.uk

For a single payment of £16.50 claimants and carers receive a password and username which allows you to download, for your own use, all of our regularly updated guides, factsheets, news items and other resources as often as you need for a year, plus membership of the forums.

Become a member/renew membership
: www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/about_membership/Become_a_member.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds