logolong

looking for a new hobby

More
12 years 6 months ago #38899 by DarkFairy
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a new hobby but I can't really find something that I like.

I can't really do any sports, except for swimming. I do like to swim, but I usually have to go alone so that's no fun.

I've tried making necklaces and bracelets, but as I can't use my left hand properly, it's a bit of a problem with all those small parts O_O

I've searched for things thatg I could do on the net, but most of the things were either impossible or too expensive.

So my question to you guys is: What do you do for fun? Do you have any hobbies? Do you do any sports or do you do something creative??

Well, that was about it.

Hope to hear from you!

xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 months ago #38911 by
Replied by on topic Re: looking for a new hobby
Hi Dark...Welcome to the site ;)

I have walking mobilty problems as well as a list of other things ,so I find cycling helps me ( outdoors and at the gym )...I also enjoy rummaging about Antique shops plus ebay and every so often see something I like and buy it. Once you get confident and informed about your subject you can even make money by buying and selling ( one step at a time lol )

xxxx Tony

More
12 years 1 month ago #42287 by poppy67
Replied by poppy67 on topic Re: looking for a new hobby
Hi
You could try going to a language class for beginners that's something most people go to on their own or photography. I like going to musuems all over the place and reading. I've recently gotten a small weaving loom to have a go at that as thats not too fiddley.

Hope you find something x

More
11 years 10 months ago #44052 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: looking for a new hobby
Not giving up entirely on the hand work idea, have you thought about embroidery? There are some very good books out there with very contemporary designs, and if you are right-handed all you need to do is be able to hold a hoop or brace it against yourself. I found an interesting designer named Jenny Hart. She has a business called Sublme Stitching and there is a website if you want to take a look.

Jana

More
11 years 10 months ago #44058 by BUBBADOG14
I love to read! I have collected a massive collection of books my hubby had to build me store cupboard for them all! I also dabble in abit of cross-stitch but because my wrists have started to suffer with the Osteo-porosis can only do it for short periods. I have started to get into pilates got my mat and reading a book on it and ordered a DVD called pilates for people with bad backs thought it might help me as well as I need to not push myself to far, So will see how I get on and if it will help me keep fit and strengthen my muscles as well. I used to collect piggin pigs but had to stop because I have 201 and no more room for anymore!! It's finding something you enjoy, it's more likely the hobby will find you!!

More
11 years 6 days ago #47300 by bohonk
Replied by bohonk on topic Re: looking for a new hobby
Sorry,,I am like you..Looking for a new hobby.Woodworking is great!, but I am selling the house
and will not have room,new tools expensive, I have all my fingers, and like them -thanx, I may go back to leather-work, (maybe) I will keep reading your blog,,and it may "show" itself. Thanx

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds