logolong

Help Quit Smoking:

More
16 years 4 months ago #1477 by Scott_1984
Question: Is it true that bananas can help you quit smoking?

Answer: Yes! Bananas are a rich source of Vitamins C, A1, B6 and B12, as well containing potassium and magnesium, all of which help help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.

Source: www.banana.com & www.Texperts.Com

AND

Bananas have been proven to have many beneficial properties.

As well as being a good source of energy to boost concentration and aid during exercise, they can help regulate all manner of medical problems, for example, the high levels of potassium and low levels of salt in this unique tropical fruit make it the perfect food to help beat blood pressure.

Consequently, eating bananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by a stroke by as much as 40%!

An experiment in which 200 students were helped through their exams by eating bananas at breakfast, break-time and lunch, has shown that the potassium rich fruit can assist learning by boosting brain power, making pupils more alert.

The high iron content can also help in cases of anaemia, as it stimulates the production of haemoglobin in the blood.

Additionally, being so high in fibre, bananas can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome constipation without the need for laxatives.

If you are not feeling entirely happy about life, it may be worth munching on a banana.

According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND, people suffering from depression feel much better after eating a banana.

This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a protein that the body converts into serotonin to make you relax and improve your mood.

Trypotophan can also help sufferers of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).

Also, if you are stressed or nervous, bananas can help calm you down. Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.

Bananas also fight stress with potassium, as the mineral helps normalise the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water-balance.

One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey.

The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.

This same soothing relief can aid those who suffer from heartburn, as bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body.

This also helps with the treatment of ulcers: the banana is used against intestinal disorders because it neutralises over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.

Women will also be glad to hear that bananas can greatly help with PMS, as the vitamin B6 contained in a banana regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.

Also, bananas are a must for pregnant women as snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and to avoid morning sickness.

Bananas also help with skin irritations.

Instead of insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin to reduce swelling and irritation.

Those keen on natural alternatives swear that, to kill off a wart, take a piece of banana skin and place it on the wart, with the yellow side out.

Hold it in place with a plaster or surgical tape!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #1478 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:Help Quit Smoking:
Bnanananas are also useful in the management and control of diabetes.
the lessripe bananas are very good for the slow release of energy and is good for diabetics....the overripe ones, have a higher sugar content, and are not so good for the diabetic.

im a great believewr in the power of natural foods to promote healthy living.....:)

xx suzan xx

More
8 years 10 months ago #57424 by Jina
Replied by Jina on topic Help Quit Smoking:
Hey Scott!! Banana is so good especially when studying as you mentioned. I say on my experience. I often eat banana and a cup of coffee at a given lunch time, because it helps me keep alert and awake during afternoon. Decent amount of lunch always gives me sleepiness so I substitute a banana for big lunch. I eat big big lunch at around 4 or 5 pm. and eat dinner around 11pm. so different from others. i didn't expect you're gonna read it. but anyway it's supposed to be read at any time anywhere..so where are you now??

More
8 years 10 months ago #57425 by Scott_1984
Replied by Scott_1984 on topic Help Quit Smoking:
Hi Jina :)

This Is My 2nd Attempt,I Accidently Clicked Chit Chat, Rather Than Submit :/

WOW I Completely Forgot About This Post & Topic, As Its Just Over 7 Years Old & Even Surprised Myself That I Had Copy & Pasted The Research From Above Websites :)

I Always Try To Reply To People If I Get A Message & I Am Subscribed To A AbleHere.Com Topic :)

I've Got Hooked On Twitter.Com More & Some Times Use Most Websites Less Sadly :(

But I Am Always Very Grateful For Karl & AbleHere.Com For Allowing Me To Run To Forums & As My Mental Health Goes Up & Down, I Often Find Long Posts Hard Work & Find Twitter Easier Due To 140 Or Less Posts :)

Again I Can't Remember This Banana Topic, But Its Slowly Coming Back To Me :)

As I Don't Smoke Topic Heading Took Me Back Even More :/

I Know Banana Is Meant To Be Good For Depression, Along With Possible Cod Liver/Omega Fish Oils Are Meant To Be Good For Depression Too, But Mixed Research :/

More
8 years 10 months ago #57426 by Jina
Replied by Jina on topic Help Quit Smoking:
I'm kind of a newbie here. I found there are so many valuable articles on forum. and I found it happened to be the best counsellor for my difficulties as a disabled person.. so I spend time reading these articles from backward. and I wondered where these active users are now..

I guess for caring person like you it's gonna be hard to ignore any questions..I appreciate so much

More
8 years 9 months ago #57972 by acetophenol
Replied by acetophenol on topic Help Quit Smoking:
There are many methods around which are claimed to be helpful in quitting smoking. At the end, its all upto one's will power and determination. May god help you my friend in stopping smoking!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds