logolong

Uncomfortable Experience

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #64879 by
Uncomfortable Experience was created by
It happened two months ago on a Saturday afternoon when I went to the laundry mat to wash my clothes. I was minding my own business and was watching YouTube videos while waiting for my clothes to get done till suddenly a mother and two of her kids (a boy and a girl around 7-8 yrs old i believe) came in the laundry mat as well to clean their clothes. I told myself "what a cute family" and then I smiled at her two kids because they're adorable but the two didn't smile back which it's not a surprise and i wasn't upset at all because they're kids. So afterwards I accept these two didn't smile back and continue on watching my videos. While I was watching my videos, my eyes took a glance at their faces and realize they were keep staring at me for a very long time. To their eyes I'm a strange alien,literally I'm a alien to them. So I was trying to ignore these kids...but they both kept staring at me...and it wasn't this innocent curiosity, it was the feeling that I'm not human to them (actually more than not human). Also they were dead quiet and I was seriously felt uncomfortable that day.

The most disturbing part of that experience i had is the mother did not said ANYTHING to her kids. She knew I felt uncomfortable that day, feeling horrible because she looked at her kids staring at me...she doesn't care a bit. The mother didn't told her kids to "don't stare" or at least give them a duty to distracted them. Nope....she was sitting on a chair waiting for the clothes to be done, acting like it nothing happened.

So I decided to step outside to parked my electric wheelchair next to the bench to get away from that awakardness. I took a breathe and was trying to re-collect myself. It was a weird day that I'll never forget.

Do any of you all had a very uncomfortable experience?.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #64880 by flynna3162581
i have had that.. but it didnt piss me off or upset me .... the kids back when i was young didnt understand ...... and now that i am old enough i understand WHY they were as shy as they were..... its human nature

More
6 years 10 months ago #64884 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Uncomfortable Experience
I've had uncomfortable stares from both kids and adults!! With kids it can be fairly easy what I do is make a funny comment like 'it's the Ferrari model, it can go 0 to 15mph in 5 minutes' ;) and sometimes it makes them laugh, if they look shy I just give a little smile. To be honest I find the adults more uncomfortable, I've only snapped once when we where on holiday on a cruise ship. My husband and I where having a drink, he went off to the toilet and I was looking around me and I looked to the left of me and a couple of older women kept staring at me and where talking quietly and I heard one of them say 'but she's to young to be using a wheelchair she should be walking about, she's just too lazy to!' I felt my blood boil and swung my wheelchair round to face them and said 'young people can get sick! I have to use a wheelchair because my joints are weak and can give way as I have Osteoporosis and before you rude woman say Young people can get it too! You 2 are rude horrible women!!' My husband had come back from the loo to hear some of it and the other people around clapped their hands!! So it's not just kids it's adults as well. :(

More
6 years 4 months ago #66890 by Joelyb65
Replied by Joelyb65 on topic Uncomfortable Experience
I had an uncomfortable experience a few years back that wasn't about me, but it was when I witnessed a young, visually impaired couple with a guide dog being kicked out of a pharmacy!
I had dropped my scripts in to be filled, then went to do some grocery shopping, then went back and was waiting to be served to pick up my meds! A young couple and their guide dog walked in, and the Pharmacist, who was serving at the time, yelled at them and said, 'Get that dog out of here, I don't care if it's a Guide Dog, I don't want it in MY shop!'
So they walked out, and I was about to have a go at the guy, but I thought, 'No, I won't create a scene, but he's not getting my money!'
So I walked out, caught up with the couple and told them that I had witnessed what had happened and would make a formal complaint about it!
And as soon as I got home, I called the Head Office and complained!
The woman I spoke to said she would send the rep in to have a talk to them about it, and she called me back a week later, to say that they were very apologetic and that the person involved didn't actually work there and had no right to throw anyone out!
I pointed out that they were lying, because the person involved was the Pharmacist himself, and that someone who didn't work there would not be behind the counter, wearing a white coat, serving people and dispensing medical advice and would not get away with telling someone to get out of HIS shop without someone else there having something to say about it!?
I was disgusted by the whole thing and needless to say, I never went back there again!
I had to see my Dr and have the scripts replaced and he was quite proud of me for standing up for that young couple and complaining!
And Bubbadog, good for you for standing up to those old bags!
As you know, I have arthritis and now Diabetic Neuropathy, and walking is very painful for me, and I would love a mobility scooter if I could afford it, but I know people would look at me and think, 'Oh he's too young, he's just lazy!'
Age has nothing to do with it, I've seen cases of very young children with juvenile arthritis and even cases of babies born with arthritis!
But people can be very ignorant and let's face it, downright Bloody stupid, and they think that certain ailments only come with old age!
I was diagnosed with early stage arthritis at age 16!
It has taken a long time, but now at age 52, it's finally getting the better of me!
A couple of days ago, my Mum read out something in a magazine about a young couple whose 2 young children, I think they are aged about 4 and 6? Something like that, they are very young, and they have Alzheimers, something that usually only affects older people!
And look at kids with 'Progeria', the 'aging disease' that causes them to have senile dementia and look they are 90 at the age of 6 or 7!
People need to get their heads out of their 'You know whats' and realize that people can suffer from certain ailments at any age and they can strike anyone, at anytime!
No one is immune, not even stupid bigots!?
The following user(s) said Thank You: skyradde

More
6 years 4 months ago #66891 by Joelyb65
Replied by Joelyb65 on topic Uncomfortable Experience
Yes bubblegumcake, I can totally understand, I had an experience a few months back when a certain young woman sent me a connection request, and I accepted it and sent her a message saying Hi and told her about myself, and she then deleted the connection and never answered me!
I can only assume that was because I mentioned that I am Gay!?
Can you imagine how I felt?
It's not nice to have someone look down on you and think you are not worth talking to because they see you as different and not worth talking to, IS IT!?

More
6 years 3 months ago #67001 by Powee1981
Replied by Powee1981 on topic Uncomfortable Experience
to be honest, i have uncomfortable experience nearly on a daily basis... i'm an anxiety sufferer and you know... little and simple things can be very uncomfortable for me. anyway, i do hope that you won't be getting any experiences of such kind

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds