logolong

the alternative chat room

More
16 years 6 months ago #588 by suzan
hi everybody......ok i cannot get in to the chat room, and those who can, seem to be getting as insensed as i am that nobody is ever there to talk to them anyway.....daem.....s i seeu there, so am just saying Hello.
u said yr in australia, hmm not far if u take the short cut through the centre !!

hi to all those others in there.
:P :silly: :)
suzan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #589 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Lets Chat
You are right suzan, this forum is a good way to chat and make friends

Karl

More
16 years 6 months ago #590 by Mystery-Man
Hello Suzan,
There is almost never seem to be anybody in that chat room. LOL. Um, yes, I am from Australia. And, about this \"hmm not far if u take the short cut through the centre !!\", where would that lead me to? Another boring chat room. LOL :blink:

More
16 years 6 months ago #597 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:the alternative chat room
i was talking through the earth and out the other side:silly: :P

i note you moved from usa,....how you finding it?

does the goverment there give support to people who have a disability?
:)

More
16 years 6 months ago #608 by Mystery-Man
Compare the Centrelink here in Australia with the American Government, it is extremely poor and stingy in Australia. In fact, because of the poor support for the disabled folks here I am seriously thinking of going back to USA.
First of all, I will not be entitle to any benefits whatsoever for at least two full years after my visa was granted, which was only a few months ago. Secondly, they wanted me to pay them over 30% each year plus late payment penalty and interest of my disability income from USA as personal income tax during the previous two years that I resided in Australia. I am consulting a tax attorney and hopefully, I will get the Australian Government to somehow compromise with me. Because there is no way that I can come up with the money. Thirdly, even if I get my income tax somehow mysteriously settle with the Australian government, I will still have to pay 30+% each and every single year.
When I was in USA, I did not have to pay a single penny for personal income tax! The Australian Government wants you to pay them income tax base on the AMOUNT that you earn, whereas the American Government base it on how you earn it as much as the amount.
But the one of the main reason I immigrated here is because I found the Aussies much less prejudice and much more accepting of the disabled than people in USA.

Post edited by: DAEMONICUSMEDICUS, at: 2007/10/03 02:00<br><br>Post edited by: DAEMONICUSMEDICUS, at: 2007/10/03 18:35

More
16 years 6 months ago #613 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:the alternative chat room
hi demon, blimey that all sounds really complicated !!

so the ausstlian govmnt want tax on themoney you received from USA benefit, for the time when you were in Australia before, and at a 30%tax rate????? was that with a visitors visa??? that all seems a bit steep. .......

and they tax income (aany) at that rate no matter where the money comes from. Is that wot u said?

Do he Austrlian Government have any benefit system, for sick or disabled ? If so is that taxed too?

its a shame that youre having this problem, especially as you moved there, because you liked the attitude of the people.

it seems the world over that governments are about making money, and supporting those international businesses that are slowly owning the planet.

allways the little people at the bottom who suffer.

hmm, am depressing myself !! take care :silly:

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.424 seconds