logolong

Troubled by Tooth Pain

More
5 years 4 months ago #68978 by Phyllisjames88
I am struggling with my tooth pain for many days. My mom used to book an appointment to solve my dental issues. But I used to postpone the date as I'm currently committed with a project and I'm spending 24/7 hrs for it. My bf came from his hometown to meet me and I didn't even meet him as I was busy behind this project. Yesterday I met him and I told about my tooth pain and about the gum infection. He asked me to book an appointment now itself for getting the emergency dental care from Toronto ( www.centenarydental.com/emergency-dental/ ). I'm scared of dental procedures and treatments from childhood. So I'm little tensed thinking about the dental treatment. If anyone knows more about this, please share your valuable views and suggestions. Thanking you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #68980 by jj~
Replied by jj~ on topic Troubled by Tooth Pain
With your delays it's apparent its now time regardless to resolve the pain.
Best of luck all will be fine.

More
5 years 3 months ago #68999 by StPaddy
Replied by StPaddy on topic Troubled by Tooth Pain
Dentists can be scary to a lot of folks, I think it would be best to focus on the fact that you're going there for help. I have panic disorder so when they numb me with even a tiny bit of epinephrine I get all... WEEEE! I try to reign it in >_<

I have found it helpful when I am going through a difficult moment/place that I can always go back to thinking of something that calms me. Personally, I'll imagine falling snow and the sound of a fireplace crackling or maybe look at the terribly mundane pictures they always have up and try to make a story out of it.

The mind is a powerful thing, I hope you are able to harness the power of positive thinking (distractions?) rather than worrying about your fears. I know how you feel in a way, when I was going to get my wisdom teeth pulled a dentist tried to put me to sleep with an IV injection- to this day that was one of the scariest things I went through.

If you have trouble with tooth pain in the future, I highly recommend chewing up a clove of garlic for about 30-45 seconds and then rinsing your mouth. Not only will it freshen your breath, but it's also great at killing all the bacteria that is helping cause tooth pain. Best of luck! Tooth pain is the worst >_<

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds