logolong

Helping a friend out

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #65258 by racheymarie
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by racheymarie. Reason: privacy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #65280 by Tiny
Replied by Tiny on topic Helping a friend out
Hi,I am a carer in the uk,I would lose my job if I helped a client in this way.

At the moment it's not an issue with my clients as they are mostly elderly lol but I have worked with some around my age and younger,with different disabilities, unfortunately not everyone is as open minded, we (carers) are all told to protect ourselves as well as those we care for and keep everything above board and professional.

Personally I don't think someone having a surrogate should be a problem, everyone should have access to intimacy, wether it's purely sexual or just being cuddled, massaged etc , we are only human after all , And some people might just want to make a connection , and be reminded, regardless of their ability/disability they are human, I think it's good your open minded and your client can talk to you , I would just be cautious your employer doesn't take offence to it lol and I probably would draw the line at what you've already done,if you know an agency that can do more for him then let him know about it.

More
6 years 9 months ago #65285 by racheymarie
Replied by racheymarie on topic Helping a friend out
I don't work for an agency so don't worry! I get that it might not be the "right" thing to do. But I mean I touch his penis kinda often since I bathe him, chance his catheter, or putting baby powder around the area. He pretty much always gets an erection, and I never think too much into it as I have talked to many nurses who have had patients get erections around them and they still carry on with whatever theyre doing and might explain the patient that its nothing to be ashamed about and that it is just a natural reflex. So since all I am doing is putting his toy on and then leaving the room and then taking it off I do not see it as wrong or unethical. Sex is a basic human need! There are also 1 million reasons masturbation is good for your health. The only issue is I do not like cleaning up after it (although sometimes there is nothing to clean up). But I also help and clean up after assisting with toileting and I'm not too fond of that either so I see it as just another body fluid that needs to be cleaned haha

More
6 years 9 months ago #65286 by Tiny
Replied by Tiny on topic Helping a friend out
My only worry for you was any employer, but you don't work for an agency or anything so draw the proverbial line where you and he are comfortable,I don't personally see a problem with what your doing if your both comfortable with each other and yup it is a completely natural reaction when your dealing with personal care ... and I completely agree with you btw , it's just I work for the council so it's extremely frowned upon to cross that professional line lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: racheymarie

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds