logolong

MidCarpal Instability Syndrome Advice

More
10 years 10 months ago #47725 by bradkeen
Hi,

I've been dealing with bi-lateral wrist pain for 2 years now. I believe that the problem was "caused" during my yoga practice, which put a lot of strain on my wrists. However, after stopping yoga 2 years ago, the pain continues whenever I use my wrists (typing, cooking, biking, lifting weights, etc).

I've been to many doctors, and finally found one in Philadelphia who specializes in midcarpal instability syndrome. At least, this is what he diagnosed me as. None of my other doctors had a clue outside of arthritis or tendinitis.

The doc in Phili recommends surgery to shorten the tendons in my wrist.

But I'm hesitant...I'm worried about having surgery on my wrists and possibly leaving the room with more pain than I started with.

Does anyone have any advice? I'd love to get a second opinion from a doctor who knows this syndrome, but I don't know of any in the Pennsylvania area. I'll travel

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #47735 by Jana
Hi,

I'm not an expert here, but I have a niece who is a hairdresser and she has carpal tunnel syndrome. She wears a brace whenever she is not cutting hair. I think it (the brace) interferes with her ability to actually do a haircut. She is considering surgery, but she was told it is not always successful. But the brace really gives her relief.

Before surgery it is always a good idea to get a second opinion! Good luck.

Jana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Scott_1984
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds