logolong

What to do when child make fun of your disability

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #50914 by rockyforyou
Hello friends,
I've some partial disability problem. My back is short then normal people of my height. I get this disability from my birth. My mother had an accident during a journey, when she she was in her 5 months with me. I can do everything a normal person can do. I've recently finished my engineering in Computer Science with honors and know I'm preparing for Entrance test for my masters. The problem is when I sit, I look short like kid sitting. Sometimes people stare at me, that's ok its normal when u see something unusual u stare. But It feels bad when adult make fun of me sometimes and It feels more bad when child laughs at me when I sit and look short. I know blaming kids is not right they are just kids, but what should I do in such situations. Sometimes I become so tense that I use to cry. I try to avoid situations that will lead to make fun of me, But I can't be able to do it all the time. Once in a while my wound is scratched. Please help me......
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by rockyforyou.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #50958 by Jana
Hi!

You may want to ask the child if their mom and dad taught them to make fun of people who are different than they are. Sometimes, what a child will tell you about what their family talks about is amazing!

::HUGS::

Jana
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockyforyou

More
10 years 4 months ago #50964 by rockyforyou
Jana I agree with you. But children are children. don't u think blaming them is not correct.

More
10 years 4 months ago #50977 by BUBBADOG14
A lot of the time people make fun of disabled people because they don't understand and feel the only way to understand it is to make fun with their mates. As for children again they don't understand. I have always believed that schools should do more about educating children about disabilities so they realise it's not big to make fun of people with disabilities. The best thing you can do if someone starts making fun of you is to walk away, then they can't win as they can't make fun of you and look big in front of their friends. Bullying isn't big!

More
10 years 4 months ago #50989 by rockyforyou
Hello BUBBADOG14,
Thanx for your views. What I've seen in my 23 year of life is that, good & edudcated adults and children has never made fun of me. And I do have a great respect for them.

More
10 years 4 months ago #51002 by Jana
I agree, children are children. I think what I was trying to say is that often what they learn is from the attitudes of the PARENTS. The fault is the parents. I agree that the schools and church programs for children need to do more.

Moderators: Scott_1984
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds