logolong

Growing up with Epilepsy

More
13 years 3 months ago #33022 by Pinky2
Replied by Pinky2 on topic Re:Growing up with Epilepsy
The story with me is I was born with CP meaning Cerebral Palsy. Mine is mild so I'm able to do most things for myself. At age 15 I was swimming in the pool where we lived & the wall of the pool was on my left side. From what people tell me that I hit the wall with my head just above my ear. That was my first seizure. I really never had the bad ones. So now with 2 disabilities it was hard for a teenager then. As time went on I noticed I had a problem with my hearing on the left side. So I got a hearing test & found out from when I hit my head I damaged either my inner or my middle ear. I lost about 75% to 80% hearing. I now wear a hearing aid.
It's not that hard if you just take care of yourself first!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #36974 by joanna
Replied by joanna on topic Re: Growing up with Epilepsy
I WAS GIVEN EPILEPSY WHEN I WAS 19 THROUGH AN OPERATION THAT WAS GIVEN A 5% CHANCE OF GIVING OUT EPILEPSY AS AN AFTER EFFECT. THIS WAS IN THE YEAR 1991, IT IS NOW THE YEAR 2011. I WAS HAVING UP TO 200 FITS A WEEK, THAT WAS WHEN I WAS ON ALL MY TABLETS. ONE TIME WHEN I CAME OUT OF HOSPITAL I SAID TO MYSELF, RIGHT THAT IS IT I AM NOT TAKING ANYMORE OF MY TABLETS AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT? I WENT FROM HAVING 200 FITS IN A WEEK TO 6 IN A YEAR, AND NOW THE LAST FIR I HAVE HAD IS OCTOBER 2010. NOW I DON'T SUGGEST THAT YOU ALL STOP TAKING ALL YOU TABLETS LIKE I DID BUT IT MAKES YOU THINK WHAT ARE THE DOCTORS GIVING YOU, DOESN'T IT?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: malh007
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds