logolong

Joint Hyper Mobility Syndrome.

More
15 years 3 months ago #15979 by ducky
Kitty, I have alwas said that unless it happens to them people have no idea what it is like for a lot of diabled people especaily if you look alrght on the outside :angry:
I look as if I have anarexouse when I am sat down or just stand there with my wee stick. it is not untill I start to walk and try to lift and do things that people who dont know me realise there is somthink wrong with me, :(
can you take an expert with you who knows about your condision and will speak on behalf of you,
they seem to give it to people just on spec who are scammers but when sombody geniune comes a long they throw obsticals in there way :angry:
..keep fighting for it and dont give in even tho you feel stressed out dont let them win.I and a lot of members will be rooting for you.. love duckyxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #28068 by JoSo
Hi someone else like me! I'm hypermobile and i'm currently struggling with subluxing hips and cronic back pain as well as clicky wrists and bad knees and ankles! I'm about to start pilate lessons to try and strengthen my core muscles
hope your all well
JO x

More
11 years 6 months ago #45632 by Sherryathome
:) hi kitty, thank you for your informative posts. I beleive I have a few joint issues that are sort of like that. MY left hip has been "going out" a lot over the last 5 years. I have a lot of arthritis and degenerative disk disease. Here in the USA I was able to get on disability for my vision loss in 1994. When I started to have join issues I was finely given a power wheelchair. I was so grateful for that. Now there is a new rule that if you can walk in you home they will not fix or give you a new power wheel chair. I know a lot of people who are worse off than me and are not getting their chairs unfortunaly. So it is so rough to get qualified!
I got a donated walker with a seat this week! Yay! So that will help until I can get my own from disability. I got a basic walker in 2009 and I have to wait 5 years total for the new one. ***SIGH***
I pray that you will have more good days and that you will get all your needs met.
~Sherryathome B)

More
8 years 6 months ago #59263 by Saunter
My daughter has that a doctor said so. But also said too small in how it is nothing to worry about. Nothing to treat. Things don't dislocate just hurt sometimes treat with Tylenol and patience. And she walked a little odd like loose jointed puppet. At the adult daycare she goes to they do gentle exercises before lunch and it has helped. Well thanks , saunter

More
7 years 11 months ago #61808 by hnoor0077
I have total joint hypermobility syndrome, afecting more than just my wrists, but I too went thru the tests for carpal tunnel, sore huh?

More
6 years 8 months ago #65956 by Lauren_528
I was diagnosed about a year ago now with hyper mobility. I get pains in my shoulders, wrists, left hip, knees, left ankle, neck and my spine, normal pain killers do not work for me anymore I have to take prescription ones. On the bad days the pain is too bad to get out of bed, on the very rare but good days i may have none to little pain but i always have discomfort of some form. I am the only one in my family with HMS, they don't understand what it is like, as when I was younger I was told by my grandparents to stop complaining so for the most part I keep the pain to myself now. Lately things are getting harder and I feel like I need to talk so someone who understands what I am going through even though every case of HMS is different there are similarities. I have a long list of things/injuries I could talk about and I am happy to, but for now I have to go.
Thank you, for reading.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds