Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anyone suffer with extreme muscle spasms (aka 'Charley Horses')? & anyone suffer leg cramp when leaving their wheelchair

Anyone suffer with extreme muscle spasms (aka 'Charley Horses')? & anyone suffer leg cramp when leaving their wheelchair 2 months 3 days ago #69833

I have muscular skeletal issue’s lower soine injury, crush injuries to both legs...well its messy. I have endured spasms for decades. About ten years ago a bright helpful outward thinking Pharmcy Assistant suggested magnesium....there are some fabulousnpreparations available now and I have found one that helps a lot. As does massage, though with massage I have my tormentor avoid the damaged areas.
I suffer vicious neurological pain.
Perhaps explore magnesium

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone suffer with extreme muscle spasms (aka 'Charley Horses')? & anyone suffer leg cramp when leaving their wheelchair 1 week 4 days ago #70129

If by 'Charley Horses' you mean spasms in the calves, then Yes, I know all about it! In my case I think it is to do with my Diabetes and it happens when I roll over in bed and stretch my legs, it is extremely painful! A few years back I had constant spasms all over my body and it was due to a magnesium deficiency, once I was pumped full of magnesium I was fine for a long time, but then I started having spasms again recently and tests showed my magnesium level was fine, so I stopped taking Lipitor (Atorvastatin) which was for cholesterol, and the spasms stopped! I found that any type of 'Statin' can cause spasms (as well as a lot of other problems) so now I don't know what to do, I need to keep my cholesterol in check but am wary of trying another Statin!?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds