logolong

Anyone suffer with extreme muscle spasms (aka 'Charley Horses')? & anyone suffer leg cramp when leaving their wheelchair

More
6 years 9 months ago #65092 by Joelyb65
Yes, good idea to double check with your Doctor, my advice is just based on my own experience!? I hope all goes well for you!Take care!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #65095 by BUBBADOG14
I know what you mean it's no way to live but it's our life's now so we have to find a way to live with it. I find if I'm in bed resting (most afternoon's!!) I find watching t.v keeps my mind off my health, I record programmes or films on my Sky box to watch. Or if I'm downstairs I listen to music while on my laptop (as now) to keep my mind off pain & spasms. Also if I want to cheer myself up I watch Prince Concerts on Utube on telly which does get me boogying on the settee!! Or I read!!

More
6 years 9 months ago #65114 by Amanda2
Thank you both for your posts and good wishes. I agree that it's best to keep yourself distracted. I find that YouTube is a good source of entertainment, primarily music. I also suffer from (as yet undiagnosed) Restless Leg Syndrome and again: often get this whilst in bed, whilst it's not painful as such: it's incredibly irritating ... like an itch you can't scratch!... so again: having the TV on helps distract a bit... in fact I find that the TV helps me doze off to sleep!

More
6 years 9 months ago #65115 by Joelyb65
Yet again I can relate, I used to suffer from restless leg syndrome a lot when I was younger (I have a vague memory of taking medication for it?) and my partner (now ex partner) was always complaining about me kicking him in my sleep!
It still happens occasionally, and I feel more guilty about disturbing my cats than I ever did about disturbing my ex!?
Maybe it's because THEY don't hog the bed, steal the blankets and drool on MY pillow!?
Oh it's SO nice to be single!
Anyway, good luck with it all Amanda, feel free to send me a private msg if you ever feel like a chat or just to have a good whinge about things!?
I'm very good at listening and whingeing!
Joel

More
6 years 9 months ago #65118 by BUBBADOG14
As I've posted before my Husband suffers with restless leg syndrome and used to kick me in the legs and I would wake up with bruises down my legs and it was like he was playing football in his sleep! Our main concern was with me having Osteoporosis he would cause me to brake a bone in my leg so I was banished to another room. Thinking about what with me having Epilepsy as well (And we both snore!) it was a good idea! So I sleep in my own room which I decked out how I like it!

More
6 years 9 months ago #65140 by Amanda2
Thank you both for your posts and I really sympathise with anyone who suffers from Restless Leg Syndrome, particularly as it seems to be one of these conditions on which little is known. As you say, when you have Osteoporosis you would be concerned about being kicked... it would keep me awake! I too have my own double bed to myself. It's a wonder my hubby doesn't wake the whole street when he snores! ... and now I have these other difficulties (muscle spasms, RLS etc.) I think it's best for both of us! When we had cats ... if one of them was poorly I would have that cat sleep on my bed, it was reassuring to just have to wake, turn the lamp on and confirm that our cat was doing OK. I don't know much about epilepsy, does it just occur randomly? You do have a lot to endure, my sympathies.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds