logolong

No Heating!!

More
7 years 2 months ago #63905 by BUBBADOG14
No Heating!! was created by BUBBADOG14
Our heating packed up on the 20th December 2016!! Heating engineer came round scratched his head and said 'you have no vent in Kitchen (we have warm air central heating) so we have to condemn you heating system! Also the parts required to fix it are going to cost a lot of money, I want to send my boss round to look at it'. And so he went, my husband put a vent in to the kitchen wall that same day and went and brought some heaters for the house to keep warm! we got a call from the heating company can't get the boss out till 23rd December. So he arrived on the Friday afternoon looked at it and said 'I will have to work out the costing for the parts now you have a vent we can fix it if you are happy with the quote, I will phone you later with the quote' so off he went. He called that evening and we said we where happy with the quote go ahead and order the parts needed. Christmas went by and then new year, still no phone call so I called yesterday, 'when can you fix the heating' I said annoyed 'Well the parts company where off Christmas and New year so we can't order the parts till tomorrow' said the young man. I made a sort of growl noise and the man said 'I will call you tomorrow with an update'. I was fuming and said 'Fine' and turned the phone off! It has been a total freezing nightmare and isn't finished yet! :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #63937 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic No Heating!!
Should change title of post to 'STILL NO HEATING!!!' Yes unbelievably we still! have no heating it has been a month now and we have had 3 engineers out and they have found more and more problems! The most recent is they went in the loft to look at the flue and found it was wrapped in asbestos which as we know can be dangerous so shock horror our heating has been condemned (again!!) And they said they might have to remove part of roof to sort flue if it's a high grade Asbestos but thank goodness I knew when these houses where built being an Estate Agent. So I knew it was a low grade Asbestos!

So now we need a part for the flue and the parts for the heating system. They where supposed to come and fix it on Friday 13th but they couldn't because of a light dusting of snow. I phoned them and said the snow had almost gone because it had thawed but no still refused! So I lost the plot and went on the biggest rant of my life!! We where cold plus I just had a huge operation and needed heat on my foot and my joints where hurting. Still no she point blank refused 'her' men would still not be coming out till Monday morning. So I made her promise we where the top priority and they would come out at 8am Monday morning. Absolute rubbish company who if they have the nerve to send me a survey to fill in I will give them minus marks on everything!!! :angry:

More
7 years 4 days ago #64526 by CountryWoman
Replied by CountryWoman on topic No Heating!!
I know this is a little late making a comment from the time you put yours up but I just read it :) I feel for you! November 2016 our heat/air went out. We didn't encounter all the headaches you did getting it fixed once we had the money to replace it but in the meantime we went through the entire winter 2016 and we do get below freezing weather and went through summer 2016 with many days heat index 110 degrees (sorry don't know Celsius lol)and again through the beginning of winter until last mid December with no heat or air until finally financially we could get it replaced. Thank goodness the repair people were great because after dying in cold and heat don't think we needed anymore hassles. Hope you are as comfy now as we are :)

More
7 years 3 days ago #64537 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic No Heating!!
Yes we are all fixed now thank goodness, all the work is done and we are glad to see the back of the company until we need the yearly M.O.T on it which will be next year now. The problem was they are the only company who do work on blow air heaters as they are few and far between now. So they had us wrapped round there little finger knowing any problems with it we would need to call them. :(

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds