logolong

sarcoidosis

More
15 years 11 months ago #2813 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:neurosarcoidosis
all the great men had greater woman behind them :) apart from queen Elisabeth 1st and maggie thatcher

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #2814 by
Replied by on topic Re:neurosarcoidosis
Oh...so it was Mrs Shakespear who wrote All those plays.....Mrs Churchill who saved the free-world from the jack-boot of Fascism....Mrs Brunel who built the bridges,ships etc.....Mrs Darwin who discovered the evolution of mankind.....Mrs Constable who painted The Haywayne........Mrs Whittle who invented the Jet Engine......Mrs Lennon who wrote and performed all those classic songs.........Mrs Bazzlejet who cleaned up London with the engineering fete of the Sewer system......Or..maybe they just washed up and did the ironing ?????? xxxxxxxxx;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
15 years 11 months ago #2862 by ~mark~
Replied by ~mark~ on topic Re:neurosarcoidosis
Took my first 50 mg injection yesterday. Was really tired all afternoon. Had to work all night at the power plant and by 3am felt better. Tony,does enbrel make you tired on the day you dose? I am really praying that this will give me some relief. My sarcoidosis has limmited me to work. On my days off I recoup, sometimes a full day in bed maybe more, lots of pain and pain meds. I have given up most of my hobbies, my motorcycle and drum kit are collecting dust. I haven't been able to hunt, walking and climbing hills are impossible now. The yard work i used to enjoy is to painful now. I really do nothing on my days away from work. Understand that I am not feeling sorry for myself, I am just filling in the blanks of my disease. I have about 30% of my lung capacity left. The other 70% is fibrosis. I have a lot of damage to my aveola's and lung capalaries. I do not exchange O2 and CO2 efficiently. I was tested for PAH by right heart cath and my pressures were somewhat elevated but not what was consitered serious. I have regurgatation concerning 2 heart valves. My last CT in Jan. revealed that the right side of my heart is enlarged. My shortness of breath feels like I am smothering at times. I also have severe sleep apnea. When I relax while sleeping I shallow breath. Because of my lungs I don't get enough O2 so I wake up just enough to breath deeper. I am not conscious I am doing this. I woke up an average of 65 times an hour during my sleep studies and never went into a deep sleep phase pattern. All in all sarcoidosis has destroyed my life and will kill me outright or from a complication due to the disease. I won't quit, partially from my own stubbornness and for my family but also from the examples I see here and elsewhere of people facing hardships head on and striving to persevere. They set one hell of an example.

More
15 years 11 months ago #2863 by ~mark~
Replied by ~mark~ on topic Re:neurosarcoidosis
For some reason it posted twice so I edited it and cut it. If I could think of any good jokes.....I wonder if clowns taste funny?<br><br>Post edited by: ~mark~, at: 2008/05/24 12:55

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #2868 by
Replied by on topic Re:neurosarcoidosis
Hi Mark my friens xxx As for the oily fish oils etc..Ive found them to take about three months to kick into the system..before feeling effect...So stick with it m8 xxxB) ;) By the way..the xxxx are a trade mark of mine....Im not making any form sexual pass at you....although your a good looking guy...so Suzan tells me xxxx;) B) B)

More
15 years 11 months ago #2872 by ducky
Replied by ducky on topic Re:neurosarcoidosis
mark, I was the only serverly disabled person in my family ,amongest my friends, and in work places. so I had no one to compare myself to. I belived that the blind,the bed ridden and ppl in wheelchairs where worse of than me . this site has made me aware of all the diffrent disablities that people have and how they are trying to cope with them. also there are many more sever disabliets than mine (so to all members sorry about my ignorence)

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds