logolong

your status

More
8 years 5 months ago #60215 by riversidemarie
Replied by riversidemarie on topic your status
I endorse what Bubbadog said. Good for you Karl. When I saw the social worker she made assumptions and value judgements and I politely put her right. Since, she has been conspicuous by her abscence! Thing is some people by nature or circumstance do not feel they can say what they want to and some social workers become "Hitlerite" and do try to bully. They should be shot or at least directed into another profession, preferably involving machines and not people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl, Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #60242 by Will
Replied by Will on topic your status
Don't get me started on "professionls" who seem to be in the wrong job! I have heard more wisdom from the mouths of humble supermarket checkout girls than I ever got from doctors and other people who should know better! Education is more than being aquainted with "facts". I.M.V.H.O.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

More
8 years 5 months ago #60251 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic your status
Wow this is becoming a deep conversation! But a lot of these social workers and Occupational Therapists are able bodied and have learned their trade from text books and have no idea how a disability or illness effects you physically and emotionally. It got to me when I was in hospital this year after my falls and the physio / Occupational therapist where trying to get me up on my feet and pretty much learning to walk again and they where cheering me on with every step that I took and every time I was saying 'please I need to stop, my legs are tired' they said '3 more steps, your nearly at the end of the pole' it took my legs to give way under me for them to say 'that's enough for today!' They have no idea it was enough for more 6 steps before that when I said my legs are tired!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Will, riversidemarie

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #60262 by
Replied by on topic your status

Karl wrote: I had a meeting today with my Social Worker and OT. I won't go into details but I told him off about what he said to me in the last meeting but he did try to stop me but you cant stop me from speaking once I have pressed play on my talker. so was calling me a liar and getting mad while I was talking. After my lecture, he denied it.
I impressed the OT, she thought I was great for stand ing up for my rights. His face was like thunder when he left.

i agree with the OT, u are brave. the so called social worker should thank u instead of being mad because he got a good lesson from u :)

More
8 years 5 months ago #60344 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic your status
My opinion of the majority of Social Workers is unprintable my late husband used to say "They are lower than a snakes belly" .They can also be very economic with the truth
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

More
8 years 5 months ago #60351 by riversidemarie
Replied by riversidemarie on topic your status
In reply to Sandie I have two words- "Here here!

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds