logolong

Exercising while disabled

More
11 years 10 months ago #44453 by BUBBADOG14
Started doing the pilates using the DVD, the DVD has alot of talking while your trying to do the exercises which can be a pain, especially when your trying to hold a move!I did half and hour and the next part was using the tension band which I hadn't got yet.I wasn't out of breath but my body was starting to ache so knew it was time to stop.
Since I've started doing pilates I saw an article on this easy shaper, it's an keep fit aid which you use and it's supose to assist in doing pilates and works your body more.I've ordered it as it's a great price and will let you know how I get on with it.Fingers crossed it does what it says on the tin!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #44483 by BUBBADOG14
I tried out the 'easy shaper' this morning, it really was excellent! It helped to work muscles I didn't know I had!! And made the pilates much more easier. And the instructions even showed you in step by step pictures how to warm up properly and how to warm down properly! And the manual even explained how many days to use the easy shaper and to exercise by how fit you are, and for me it's 2-3 days depending on how I feel inself because I'm a beginner!

So would I reccommend Pilates as a good exercise/life choice for people with disabilities? The answer is yes!! Definately, you can do it at a gym or by going to classes if you want that, or by getting a DVD & mat and doing it at home. But I also 100% reccommend getting the 'easy shaper' if your going to do it at home! It makes the pilates fun and helps take some of the strain off the joints. Well now I've got 8 weeks to work this sagging body into a well tucked pretty good beach body for a disabled woman!

More
11 years 10 months ago #44491 by aherosheart
maybe yoga could help, i've heard it is good

More
11 years 10 months ago #44507 by BUBBADOG14
I can't do yoga as you need to beable to get your body into different positions and I have Osteo-porosis and certain positions in yoga could break my bones while pilates is more delicate and you move as much or as little as you can.

More
11 years 9 months ago #44532 by BUBBADOG14
2nd time doing pilates with easy shaper, I really felt it more this time while doing it, I could feel the muscles working and it was amazing feeling knowing your muscles are working hard! When I finished I was sweating like mad and I felt amazing! A really good workout. I know it's hard to get yourself going when you think right today is pilates day but when you do it and feel yourself working hard at the end it's such a great feeling! Well I have a little longer than I thought for the holiday now so it means longer to do workout and hopefully will see a good difference in my body!!

More
11 years 9 months ago #44539 by Jana
Replied by Jana on topic Re: Exercising while disabled
I may have to check into pilates. I have a niece who swears by it. Yoga was unsuccessful for me as well. I did a very moderate half hour session with an instructor and it laid me out for 4 days with pain pill and muscle relaxants and a heating pad. Not the serenity I was looking for. I do have to watch lower body twisting because of the back, but I have to do something. I get winded at the least bit of activity.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds