logolong

the alternative chat room

More
16 years 6 months ago #614 by Mystery-Man
hi demon, blimey that all sounds really complicated !!

so the ausstlian govmnt want tax on themoney you received from USA benefit, for the time when you were in Australia before, and at a 30%tax rate????? was that with a visitors visa??? that all seems a bit steep. .......

Yep. Apparently the Aussie government's taxation system base heavily on HOW MUCH you earn, and they don't really care where the money comes from or under what circumstances you receive your income. And they don't care about your immigration status either. According to my tax attorney, as long as you have been here in Australia for six months continuously, then you will be assessed for personal income tax. But they do take into account the amount of tax you are paying already at the other country. So, for example if I am paying 10% income tax in USA, then my income tax here will only be 20%. But since my personal income tax in USA is ZERO, my income tax here will be the full 30% plus late penalty and interest, etc.

and they tax income (aany) at that rate no matter where the money comes from. Is that wot u said?

Yep!

Do he Austrlian Government have any benefit system, for sick or disabled ? If so is that taxed too?

I am sure they do, but I will not be eligible to apply for at least two years. I just came back from the Centrelink's office a few weeks ago, and that's what they told me. Furthermore, what I will be eligible for will be very minimal since I did not have any income from Australia at all.

its a shame that youre having this problem, especially as you moved there, because you liked the attitude of the people.

it seems the world over that governments are about making money, and supporting those international businesses that are slowly owning the planet.

Well, at least in USA, they did not tax me a single penny, because they determine your tax base on where your money comes from and under what circumstances.

allways the little people at the bottom who suffer.

hmm, am depressing myself !! take care

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #1214 by Scott_1984
I'd probably be found using the chat room around: 00:00 - 06:00 a.m., Uk time.

As I often can't sleep in the night :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds