logolong

chatroom question

More
16 years 6 months ago #744 by Mystery-Man
Replied by Mystery-Man on topic Re:chatroom question
It is now official. You can use the Opera web browser to gain access to this website. I know, because I am doing exactly that right now.

www.opera.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #752 by suzan
Replied by suzan on topic Re:chatroom question
Demon you are an angel !:) Whaat a lot of info. you posted there!!!!!

well im still here playing with this computer !!!

ive downloaded opera so now have that to play with and learn about :) ...BUT it doesnt let me into the chat room either !!!:S

i downloaded navigator BUT THE FILE WAS CORRUPT !!!!:angry: !
think my computer deleted it coz i cant finnd it now.

opera said something about wml data none, so i tried to download NET 2, took ages and then got told computer couldnt do it something about a damaged something !!!!! ( you can see my memory iz good cant you!!!!:unsure: )

well, ive allways said life is about learning !:)

i feel locked out!!! would like to chat with others, and this is most annoying !!!

it is at the point of connection to the web page that the problem iz. The bottom bar has an exclamation mark on it....and when itype and send.....it shows error, and doesnt do it.

i have turned off security guard, and that didnt make any difference, so now its back on.

any other suggestions on that error connection sign???

yes you are angels gary and demon, thanks i have learnt a lot...:)

More
16 years 6 months ago #754 by Mystery-Man
I am not sure about \"Gary\" but I sure ain't no angel. I am Demon, remember? LOL.
The only suggestion that I can give you is to first uninstall all the firewall first except for the one that came with the computer in the first place. You may need that one. Then search and delete all of the remnants of the firewall. Then boot the computer up again, and see if that works.
I hope you know how to uninstall things in your computer. I have never used Microsoft Windows 2000 before. My experience is limited only to Windows XP Pro. But I think the procedure is probably very similar. First go to control panel, click on \"add or remove programs\". Find the firewalls that you wish to delete, and then click \"remove\". Afterward, you may wish to delete all of the remnants of the firewall. Just click \"Search\", then select \"All files and folders\", then type in the name of the firewall such as \"Zone Alarm\", \"Comodo\", or whatever. Be sure \"Look in\" is selected on your hard drive, usually the \"C\" drive. Then click \"Search\". Then delete all of the items that you don't want.
If I were you, I would put a system restore point in your computer BEFORE you start doing all of these things, just in case if it doesn't work and you wish to go back to where you started.

More
16 years 6 months ago #758 by suzan
:) thanx again demon. now this time Opera told me that java couldnt access,,,,,i downloaded the most recent edition a week or so ago to enable me to access another chat room, and it worked there,,,,

,so, kind of looks like it is beingg blocked somehow.....i will try getting rid of fire wall, and start again with security stuff., like you suggest.

if i ever manage to get in there , ithink i should have a party!!!!!B) :silly:

xx suzan xx

More
16 years 6 months ago #759 by Mystery-Man
Hey, Suzan. I am no expert of computer. In fact, I am no expert of anything whatsoever. I ain't got no talent, no skill, no expertise, no money, no nothing. I am just a nobody. And, NO, I am NOT feeling sorry for myself, just stating the fact, Ma'am. Truth of the matter is I am very happy being a nobody. I highly suggest you that you consult with a real computer expert, and not with an amateur like myself.

More
16 years 6 months ago #767 by suzan
....:) yeah this whole computer world gets more complicated the more i look at it ,kind sir..:)

think you may be right....take the commmputer to IT hospital................hope it wont be admitted for too long !!!:P

everybody is somebody and nobody is noone

i am very happy being someone, who has nothing, just have to remember sometimes that i wont let the bastards get me down :evil:

:silly: xx suzan xx :silly:

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds