logolong

Getting a carer from social services soon advice please

More
5 years 8 months ago #68178 by ajay
I thought I let you all know how it's going, well I've had the carers out last week and it's going really well I was worried that they would try and take over. I am having them out every day in the mornings and two days a week to take me out. I've had a tough time of it lately I've burnt my arm and I am badly black and blue on my leg where I've had a fall. I've got an alarm that connects to the emergency services plus I've got a key box so the carers and emergency services can get into my flat.

A big thank you for your help and advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #68181 by BUBBADOG14
Glad it's going okay, sorry you got burned and had a fall, I can relate to the fall as I've had a few in my time and a couple of times needed the emergency services out. I felt stupid and awful at the same time for having to call them out as I felt I was wasting their precious time but they made me see I was one of the patients who did need their help and I wasn't wasting their time. I do feel such an idiot for having falls but I can't help my legs are so weak! Now I'm just getting on with life living with my problems! I'm sure you will get to know your carers as family eventually. They are their to help you and assist you to make your life easier. So you keep going and except the help they are giving you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajay

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #68627 by ajay
I so need a rant!... It's being a bit of a nightmare with the carers one they have a tracker on their phones so even if they do turn up they still get paid.( They leave early and come very late, (it's important I have my heart meds at the same time every day) and they are aware of that! another thing is I've been hospital tested for muti allergy's and one of the things was I have a sever allergy to cats and its in my care package you guesses it they still send people out with cats!.. they slag the company off and the bit I am very worried about is the give out other clients person info out that should be confidential. Another thing they had put my keys back in the out door key safe without locking it back up so my flat keys were on show thats not happened once but a lot of times. My mum has complained to the company so the manager is having a full staff meeting tomorrow. There so so much more going on I feel really low over it. Sorry for the long rant :-(
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by ajay.

More
5 years 5 months ago #68628 by jj~
Life changes and if we have to make the transition to less control than prior, we just have to accept it.

So many things in life will never be the same, being looking over carers shoulders with unwarranted need , bothers them and most likely will not do the service they normally would do.

Ease up a bit in having all your way :) life is good enjoy it regardless of situation.

WE all go through many storms but if we come out dancing in the rain is all that really matters.

Best to the new you.

More
5 years 5 months ago #68634 by BUBBADOG14
How did the meeting go? I hope you got all your problems and complaints sorted. The whole point of a carer is to care and help you, if the carer doesn't do the job properly it's not being a carer!! You have to do the job description properly, also if they are not reading the information details given persifically about you being allergic to cats so no carers who own cats then they are being neglectful of there job! I hope you get it sorted out otherwise I would get social services to find a new care service for you who can do the job correctly!

More
5 years 5 months ago #68653 by Karl
How many hours do you get per day?

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.462 seconds