logolong

Long distance relationship

More
8 years 1 month ago #61196 by ladyship
Replied by ladyship on topic Long distance relationship
I can see this is an old thread, but I'll give it my 2p worth. Yes, long distance can work!
Met my boyfriend online. He's in London, I'm in Midlands. He is on dialysis so can only manage 48hrs here before needing to go back.
I can go there, but his parents house has a LOT of stairs and does my legs in!
SKYPE is our lifeline! We have been together 4years now and working on getting together but finding affordable, accessible, rental property....don't get me started on that!!!!
Touch? yeah you need that and lets just say we spent a lot on hotels - but that is not affordable in the long run.
So age is just a number - 20 years seperate us and distance can be overcome if you are strong and determined. Makes you find what REALLY attracted you in the first place....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #61202 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Long distance relationship
You could get a flat together from the council?

More
8 years 1 month ago #61211 by BUBBADOG14
Ahh but there is a massive waiting time in the midlands not sure about London, I know this because my sister has been on the waiting list for 3yrs now and no joy still. You have to fit a criteria it's a point thing the more points you get the higher up the list you are and there are more people being added to the list. She is looking at half ownership at the moment where you own half and the council own half.

Karl wrote: You could get a flat together from the council?

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #61216 by ladyship
[qLiuote="Karl" post=61202]You could get a flat together from the council?[/quote] like i said don't get me started. I have been thru this many many many times with every official we meet.
the council are not building new homes
i expect you know Karl, that ground level accessible housing is a mere tiny corner of the housing market
We require TWO bedrooms in spite of being a couple. Because partner is on home haemo dialysis.
This is NOT covered by the allocation HB rules.
So HB grant us for only one room. Therefore we have to budget for paying the 14% tax ourselves
Partner need a garden for his mental well being
In london there is NOTHING for £500 pcm. We are both on ESA and DLA and thats the limit we can realistically pay. In Telford more hopeful and we are on every list imaginable.
Oh and i am eleigible for extra care - being over 50 and with health needs, but partner is not as he is 20 years younger
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by ladyship.

More
8 years 1 month ago #61217 by ladyship
And yep Bubba they are building those here....know what that means?
Put £25.000 down and we'll rent you the rest. don't make me laff!
i have NEVER IN MY LIFE had £25,000 and not likely to get it from anywhere now

More
8 years 1 month ago #61236 by FlyingKidney
Yes long distance relationships can work. What relationship is ever easy, a tougher challenge when, apart from communication and love you have distance, disability and that real life love killer, finance and paperwork.

Try 15 years and 4000 miles. A 13 hour flight.. Thats the test of a long distance relationship, and still friends, but the above ..

Distance, money, disability got in the way. And so we move on.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds