logolong

Break up of relationship

More
7 years 9 months ago #62372 by CuteSarah
Hi

I recently broke up with my boyfriend. We were together over 4 years. He has Cerebral Palsy and learning difficulties. He didn't treat me right sometimes and i felt like i was making most of the effort in the relationship and i felt like i was looking after him.
I do miss him but i was tired of the relationship. He came round to my flat recently. We ended up kissing because i was a bit weak but after I said i wanted to be just friends and he seemed ok with that, but he has been messaging me a lot on facebook apologising for losing his temper in the relationship and saying he can't move on. I haven't replied to his messages. I was thinking of blocking him but is that mean? I keep thinking about our relationship and have been feeling a bit down about it but i will be getting counselling about the relationship.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #62401 by ladyship
Replied by ladyship on topic Break up of relationship
Its a bit awkward. Probably his learning difficulties mean he has trouble with boundaries.
Blocking is not mean, sometimes you has to use "tough love" to get a message through.
Good luck with the counselling.

More
7 years 9 months ago #62411 by riversidemarie
Mean people only get meaner the longer a relationships lasts. Maybe he should have counselling to understand why he feels the need to be mean to you. What is the motive. Is he bolstering his ego by bringing you down. If he is you need him like a hole in the head!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ria2013

More
7 years 9 months ago #62433 by Rhythmsand
Replied by Rhythmsand on topic Break up of relationship
Of course it is not mean to block someone if they iritate you. If they keep iritating you then you will feel worse as a person.

Often we need the separation to be clear and cut for us to grow further and understand ourselves.

The thing to remember is that he is trying to make it up to you and telling you he is wrong and was wrong. This is admirable in a person and you can not blame him for trying....in fact you may feel worse if he were not trying to resurect the lover and passion you shared for four years.

Having said that you need to be strong in your mind why you do not wish the relationship. Perhaps it just was not working for you....just because...and this is alright.....but he may need to be aware that it was not just because he was angry that once time but rather it was something that was building to a point of no return for you.

Often we can not put a finger on what it is that makes us break up and move on...life love and romance is trial and error....
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

More
7 years 9 months ago #62439 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Break up of relationship
You've had some good replies, I had a boyfriend who was mean and emotionally a bully. He was my last relationship before my husband. I blocked him on Facebook and also telephone numbers. If he is not good for you emotionally and makes your health worse then he needs removing from your life. As they say there are other fish in the sea, also when you find your soulmate you will know I promise you that! :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #62468 by CuteSarah
Replied by CuteSarah on topic Break up of relationship
Thank you for your replies. I went to counselling. It helped me a bit. I am better on my own. I have realised i let my ex boyfriend get away with not treating me right. I miss him but i want someone who treats me right.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds