logolong

Break up of relationship

More
7 years 9 months ago #62469 by Sandie
Replied by Sandie on topic Break up of relationship

CuteSarah wrote: Thank you for your replies. I went to counselling. It helped me a bit. I am better on my own. I have realised i let my ex boyfriend get away with not treating me right. I miss him but i want someone who treats me right.

You deserve better, dump him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #62479 by Rhythmsand
Replied by Rhythmsand on topic Break up of relationship
Great!

despite feeling very alone sometimes I know that being without my partner is the best thing for me....

Within the relationship I was feeling very hurt constantly. She still makes me feel hurt but now I have little to do with her so I am a great person. Truly my own unique individual. I have taken my sons on amazing adventures....things I would not have been able to do with her because she felt I could not.....

We only learn we are not being who we need to be by or in the passage of time.....while we miss the other personwe need to feel just right and as if everything we do is going to make us feel great and not resentful.....

There was a lady who wanted to get married but she said things that made me understand or feel awful even though she said she loved me...like at one point she said..'nobody wants you' while this is probably true..I do not feel comfortable with someone pushing that into my throat...

So feel comfortable and feel full...half full in any relationship is not worth the effort...it is a heart thing and when that heart makes music together you know you are there...!!!

More
7 years 9 months ago #62500 by riversidemarie
I know just how you feel. I was in an emotional relationship for years. Very inciduous, very controlling. It took being disabled to open my eyes and extricate myself from the poison. I rediscovered the essence of me and life became more colourful, full of sights, scents and sounds. When disability stopped me short I was in a very dark place and it took this to galvanise myself into action. I fought back and discovered that I was much stronger than I had realised. I am now taking control of my destiny, my being, my mind, my life in the time I have left. My only regret is that I did not do it years ago! The person concerned still cannot accept that I don't need him, don't want him and acctually don't even like him. Finding another partner is no longer important. I am learning to live and love myself, warts and all! It is so liberating. Sometimes frightening but also exciting. I had forgotten who I was..

More
7 years 9 months ago #62501 by Rhythmsand
Replied by Rhythmsand on topic Break up of relationship
This is so wonderful...we do find great strength within when we push the boundaries....while it is nice to be loved and share our lives it is crucial to extend ourselves and discover our own passion that is essentially us...from there we can gain and gather our own potential

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds