logolong

Pet Bereavement

More
16 years 9 months ago #361 by saffron
Pet Bereavement was created by saffron
Hiya

Has anyone had the saddening experience of losing a pet, that was more than just a pet to them?

About 4 weeks, I sadly had to have my cat Sparky put to sleep, it was a HUGE shock to find out he was terminally ill. Went to the vet on the Friday and by Saturday he had to go back and be put to sleep. It broke my heart, as he really was like my baby, he would cuddle up right next to me every night in bed, follow me to the bathroom (couldn't have a shower etc on my own, bless him lol).

He meant the world to me and I miss him greatly, be great to contact others who know what I am going through.

Thanks

Julie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #362 by
Replied by on topic Re:Pet Bereavement
my first Cat Zaphy had to be put to sleep about nine years ago. I still have his collar in a glass box on my bookshelf. Try to remember the good times you had with your cat.:kiss:

More
16 years 9 months ago #366 by dedi
Replied by dedi on topic Re:Pet Bereavement
Hi juicy,
I'm new here, but just wanted to say hello and tell you a little about how groun up with cats, and now have three of my own. I love them so much. They all come from the same litter but are so different in there way's. One would never go outside if we didn't pick her up and put her out, one loves to climb under the blankets with you and sleep with its head on your pillow and body under the covers and the other one, well shes like a kid that is in need of constand attention and never leaves you alone for one min.

Are you thinking of getting another cat? And if so what breed would it be?

I hope you didn't mind me saying hello and look forward to chatting to you again soon.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #375 by
Replied by on topic Re:Pet Bereavement
We still have two cats.

More
16 years 7 months ago #514 by Kanga
Replied by Kanga on topic Re:Pet Bereavement
Hi, I really miss my 7 year old black Labrador. He fell ill, we hoped the vet would fix him, but sadly they found cancer. He was such a lovely dog, full of life, always bouncing around and looking out for me. Three weeks have past, but it seems more like three years, I so miss him, life won't be the same any more,I feel very empty without him.

More
16 years 5 months ago #624 by Mystery-Man
Replied by Mystery-Man on topic Re:Pet Bereavement
My Doberman died of some kind of kidney or liver disease a few years ago. I don't really remember exactly what it was now. But I do remember that I cried. Yes, a grown man cried over lost of a dog. But I did NOT shed a tear when my own Father died of lung cancer recently.

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds