logolong

Any gamers on here?

More
5 years 5 months ago #68872 by shadetree
Replied by shadetree on topic Any gamers on here?
@ StPaddy Hey thats kewl youre on steam im on steam also. If anybody wants to add me as well its steamcommunity.com/id/shinjorai/ feel free to add me. Just let me know who you are and youre from this site. I have people add me all the time from reddit but we never end up actually playing anything lol.

I really feel you on the group. I have a group i gamed with for about 11 years. A great buncha guys. But right now theyre playing call of duty and i just cant stand that series so i am kinda without anybody to game with atm. Which sucks. Because besides gaming i dont really have any human contact outside the house. So gaming to me is kinda important to my mental health even. Just hearing a human voice sometimes helps. We have a discord settup and I have my own discord but nobody on it but me atm. I thought about maybe when that anthem game comes out first of the year i might try to find some people to play that with. I hear you on the FPS too im so tired of all the rude obnoxious people on shooters myself it just feels kinda pointless to try to have any fun in an environment like that.

And yeah i dont think bethesdas gonna get away from the money money money mindset. It seems all these bigger companies end up falling into that trap. Except CD projekt Red the people that made the witcher. Theyre kinda my heroes atm but theyll probably fall prey to it also eventually. Greed is king lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #68873 by StPaddy
Replied by StPaddy on topic Any gamers on here?
Thanks, Shadetree!
I wish I could figure out how to use Reddit. I know how simple that sounds but for some reason, the format confuses me.
Thank you for the add :)

More
5 years 5 months ago #68874 by Doctor Teeth
Replied by Doctor Teeth on topic Any gamers on here?
I haven’t played a Bethesda game since Fallout 3, so I’m not really in the position to complain about their “money money money scheme” that you mentioned.
What I can complain about though is how when you used to buy a game, you got the whole game. Now we live in the age of “add-on items’, items that are exclusive only if you buy a overpriced exclusive edition’, and worst of all, season passes”.
“Season passes” being the most egregious of the offenders, because not only are they almost always overpriced, you have to wait for the full content of the season pass to come out, bit by bit, and by the time you get the full content of the season pass, which is usually like a couple of characters to a fighting game, or extra weapons/modes to a FPS game, you’ve already moved on to a different game, so you don’t really feel like going back to the original game, especially if it’s a FPS game, or a game that relied on multiplayer, in which the scenario there, is that most of the original player base has left, and the only players still playing the game are players that are addicted to that game and know every way to kill you the second you log into their lobby.
There are still a few game companies that haven’t fallen into whole add-on, season pass scheme, but it seems like it’s becoming more and more the norm these days.
Oh, and don’t get me started on “collector’ editions “ that not only have exclusive items, but some cheap plastic model that probably costed a tenth to produce of what they’re selling it for.
I think that’s all the ranting I have it in me at the moment. Also I probably made a ton of spelling/grammar mistakes but I’m too lazy to go back and proofread.

More
5 years 4 months ago #68934 by Doctor Teeth
Replied by Doctor Teeth on topic Any gamers on here?
I know you posted about liking Tetris over 2 weeks ago, but I thought I’d mention a new Tetris game called “Tetris Effect”. It’s Tetris with a few tweaks on how to play it, but what makes it worth playing is the visuals, which are absolutely amazing. Have it a go if you’re looking for a new kind of Tetris.

More
8 months 1 week ago #72771 by SpiritLightSpeed
I hope folk don’t mind me resurrecting an old thread about gaming as I posted something when I joined ablehere in the chit chat section about computer gaming but this is probably the place it really should have been posted.

I’m another who really enjoyed Life is Strange and another who really likes Tetris Effect the music and visuals are really relaxing – the game when it speeds up not so much so lol gets pretty frantic. If I remember rightly I had to restart Life is Strange to get all the achievements because I think I missed something and could no longer get all the achievements without restarting the game but the story is good so a do over wasn’t such a big deal for me. I agree with people on the season pass and especially collectors editions which now for some who do the achievements is now a mandatory purchase or else you can’t get certain achievements or in some cases access to end game DLC content and gear items. Over monetization of what in the good olds days you’d just go out and buy as a whole purchase in one go! no dlc’s no exclusive content no loot boxes etc. etc. (you probably all know what I mean especially if you’ve been gaming since the 70’s and 80’s). Having said that I am a hypocrite because for the games I do like – I’m guilty of purchasing the whole “complete/collectors edition or the GOTY edition) but I generally wait until the massive 80 and 90% steam discounts or the Humble Bundle deals (which is more of a random buy) The last game I got this way was Ubisofts AC Valhalla which had everything included all DLC’s and various cosmetics rrp usually over £100 on sale it was somewhere between £10-£20 and it was a game I hugely enjoyed so much so that I have most of the previous AC games sat in my library which were also bought on the 90% discount (saving them for when I feel like returning to this type of game). I think the only games I buy at full price are MMO or Co-op games because when everybody else starts playing them in order to keep up and apace with a title you more or less have to start out with everybody else. This sort of runs into some of the problems experienced in guilds and why groups drift apart because as people rip through and finish the content they tend to stop playing/helping out and move onto the next experience or sometimes the group you are a part of move onto a title you can’t for whatever reason play so well or simply have no interest in. So then you start the whole process over again for looking for other people in the same situation as you or wait it out until the next thing comes along with the group you are familiar with ….if that makes sense. Anyway if there’s anyone still reading this and you fancy a game or two I’m on Steam and Epic mainly (and few other lesser known game clients as well) but sadly no consoles. Just drop me a message and say Hi and hopefully share a game or two.

All the best. Richard.

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds