logolong

Moans and Groans

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #26986 by
Replied by on topic Re:Moans and Groans
My blood line comes from Huganoes who had to leave three European countries to avoid death from Catholics...They ended up in Cornwall after taking flight from Normandy...Thats where my young memories begin...spending my early years near Liskeard and Looe in Cornwall....
Although Ive only been back on fleeting holiday visits it still feels like home to me xxxx :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #26998 by
brief change of picture - full leg calipers [up to and around my waist] and propped up by the bride and groom.

Irèn was my first student on the Moshav, and Eyal is a gorgeous guy.

There were over 2,000 guests at the wedding celebration!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #27005 by
I don't think this is important enough to post in the Rant Room, because it's just another of my moans and groans.

I am classified as severely disabled. So blu88y what. But because of that I am \"supposed\" to have what they call a \"Home Doctor\".

Only I don't.

The only doctor who will come out is one that I pay for via my private emergency service - the one I have a button for that I press in case of emergencies?

My GP, who is a darling, knows full well that because of my agoraphobia, going to the clinic is very difficult for me, because even though it is only a few minutes away via my electric wheelchair or scooter, I cannot see my home from there, so I just can't go.

Now I have been given a scribbled note, handed to the little Filipinit carer of someone who lives two doors away, and who collects my monthly chronic meds each month.

I am supposed to get to the clinic at 7.30am on 10 August for blood and urine tests, and they know perfectly well that [a] I cannot get there, and would mean me setting the alarm clock to get me up at 6am in order to get dressed, let the dogs out etc.

GPs do not make house calls. My non-working non-social worker had ignored me for years until during the last war, when she was told by the IDF that my home wasn't safe.

I'm not going - I can't go - for the blood/urine tests. They know it and it would only take the nurse two minutes to drive to my home, take blood, take the filled urine cup, and go.

No, they expect me to go there when they know I just cannot?

I can't go. They know I can't go. And yet they send these scribbled noted saying I need to go for this or that test at the clinic, and/or this or that test at the hospital.

They know I'm agorapbobic. They know I suffer from major PTSD and that I don't take any meds for it because I can not get to see my doctor.

So they send garbled scribbled notes which they know I can't read, and expect me to rush and go wherever they say. Knowing that I can't go.

But I am entitled by law to a Home Doctor - someone from the Health Fund who will visit me instead of demanding that I go out because I am classified as 100% physically disabled. Even ignoring the agoraphobia.

So now I'm frightened that if I refuse to go for the blood and urine tests, they will deny me the life-saving meds I take for my BP and congestive heart failure.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #27018 by
Why is it that major physical disabilities are accepted once all tests and examinations have been done - OK so it took years in my case and I'm far from the only one.

But something like PTSD which is a recognised problem, especially where I live, and agoraphobia which in my case was caused by the PTSD, is just sort of \"oh pull yourself together woman\"?

This isn't a rant. It's just a \"why the heck can't such things be accepted\"?

I mean that if I were to give in and take all the cocktail of meds that they wanted me to take during the war, then they would accept that I have problems, but because I finally agreed to take just one, and had a major allergic attack to it within a couple of days, then it's

\"oh well, you won't/can't take such and such, therefore you can't be suffering from such and such.\"

It's like the pain-killers they keep wanting me to take and which I won't. One lot gave me gastric ulcers that just won't heal, and they didn't help the pain in any case.

So that rules out all NSAIDs, and being severely allergic to morphine and all morphine based drugs, I can't take those either.

So it comes down to \"oh well, if you don't need such and such, you can't really be in such pain\".

They know what's wrong with me and they know which meds cause major angioedema allergic attacks, but because I refuse to take meds that I know will cause me life-threatening problems, I'm considered to be a nuisance who will not take prescribed medication.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #27113 by
Oh heck, here I am, having yet another moan. Nothing to do with this board but yet another idiot coming onto the Religion board on which I post, telling us that we Jews are evil.

Another \"newbie\" who is, I am 99% certain is a previously banned poster who has re-registered under a new name.

Yes, scroll on by Gandra, ignore him. Let him post and say that my Religion is just a load of carp and stuff. Let him post and tell me and my fellow Jews that we are evil, disgusting, wicked and child abusers because we circumcise our sons at the eighth day after birth.

But how can I just sit back and let someone come onto a board which is a board where Judaism is discussed, only for people like that to come on to it and tell us how evil and wicked we are?

I can't.

I try so hard to sit on my hands, but if I am don't try to explain our way of life, who is there who will?

Too many people have left that board because of the hatred that is spewed by such people as this one.

But I won't go. I am very proud of my Religion and I will not just sit back and let someone curse us like that.

Sorry, end of...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #27211 by
<br><br>Post edited by: Gandra, at: 2009/09/01 08:22

Moderators: Able_Here_Team
Time to create page: 0.382 seconds