8 years 1 month ago #61440 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic Sex For ...
Sex helps in a lot of disabilities because

Sex helps in pain

Sex helps in depression.

Sex helps relax muscles

Sex makes you happy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversidemarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #61441 by ladyship
Replied by ladyship on topic Sex For ...
Absolutely! I quite agree with you both wholeheartedly.

More
8 years 1 month ago #61453 by Rhythmsand
Replied by Rhythmsand on topic Sex For ...
this is not really the question....of course it is good....I think there should be therapists that provide services without a stigma attached...

the real question is that of sex being accepted in a social context for people with disabilities....sex is a powerful thing and while most people in general society feel comfortable partaking in it the person with a disability is seem to be different and may not be able to be respected and or accepted by society.

Also people with disabilities often fear their ability to partake in such activity due to their differences...

I would like to point out that everyone is totally ableuntil proven otherwise....and sex is a healthy and beautiful form of self expression if done in a safe and supportive environment...

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #61457 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Sex For ...
Firstly welcome back Sand!! Secondly I can't see why some people have this stigma that all disabled can't have a full relationship with partners?! Our sexual organs aren't disabled as well!! I have a full happy relationship with my husband and I'm disabled! Do we need to go out with sandwich boards publicising it? I won't carry on otherwise I will go into a rant!! :angry: :laugh:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by BUBBADOG14.

More
8 years 1 month ago #61462 by Rhythmsand
Replied by Rhythmsand on topic Sex For ...
thats what I like to hear....and we are people inside this body....Often society or people within society...it may not be many but they are there....some people do not see the person inside...they simply see the disability.

I have just finished reading a book called GHOST BOY by Martin Pistorius. It is the story of his life. He had a strange condition when he was a child that turned his mind and body off. His mind came back online when he did not respond. For years he was trapped inside with no way of communicating. At one point one of the carers was surre he could understand and got his parents to take him to a clinic where they tested his understanding....his parents then bought him a computer with special communication software...and he began a life.....

but he does explain about people's disgust and resentment of him and other disabled persons.....there are a few who do not see the disability but rather the person inside...but there are so many who do not...it is rather staggering...

it is a beautiful story if you get a chance to read it.....and tells many truths.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #61469 by BUBBADOG14
Replied by BUBBADOG14 on topic Sex For ...
Thank you Rhythmsand I will take a look at that book as I run a 'Book Club' on another site and I will suggest it to the other members of the club, we are always looking for good books to read! It just shocks me in this day of age after all the television programmes that show disabled living normal lives that some still believe if you become disabled that's it your life is over! That's so far from the truth! If anything a new life begins, you can do some things you wouldn't dare do when you where able bodied! Go on adventures, do paragliding for instance! :woohoo:

Moderators: Karl
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds